Thursday, January 21, 2010

Just a few details...

So since my time right now pretty much consists of designing my own home and getting adjusted I thought I would take some more photos of my handy work.
 

This is the bar/buffet area in my living room. This buffet was a wedding gift from my brother and sister-in-law. It was a neccessity in the Vegas house as we had a tiny kitchen with NO storage. I immediatly filled it up with wedding gifts, especially the large serving dishes. As soon as we moved in here I knew that it would be a great bar and would fit perfectly in the space next to the entertainment niche.

This stainless steel shelf is perfect for the bar effect. It reminds me of stainless steel bar/kitchen equipment. However it also is a nice contrast to the dark wood of the buffet.



This vase was a random Marshalls find. The colors are so great and they tie into all of the colors in my living room.



I have a new obsession with birds. I see them everywhere and they just draw me in. This cute little blown glass guy I just had to get. And since I am also big on texture and contrast I love how the mercury silver looks on top of the rustic white mantle and next to the organic vine ball.


I repurposed these mercury glass candle sticks and used them to balance some moss balls. It is a little unexpected but it gives nice heigth.

The house is turning out pretty well. I am at the point where I need to start doing some major shopping in order to move forward. But shopping takes money which until I get out there and start designing for other people I will have to wait. But I can dream.

P.S. I am not a master photographer so just know that mKAY.

3 comments:

  1. looks wonderful!! i am going to steal your idea of moss balls on candlesticks. i am so over candles, but love and need my candlesticks for height and balance. can't wait for more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the photography looks good as well as the content. I.G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mer - what is mKAY? You know old Mom doesn't do anacronisms very well. The effects are great! I love the moss balls on the candlesticks! -Mom

    ReplyDelete