Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GAP

Is anyone else profoundly relieved that GAP has realized they made a huge mistake and has decided to go back to their classic logo?

I am!

If you don't know what I am talking about, Gap North America, the often spoofed, yet beloved clothing store, tried to "update" their logo last week. It was less of an update and more of a "we just opened up a Word doc and typed in the word Gap and then added a little blue box with gradient shading". Seriously it looked like it was something out of a basic instruction manual for Windows 2000. Well they announced today, after a huge outcry from upset fans, that they are going back to the classic logo (the tall capital G A P in the navy blue box).

I am so relieved.

Why this tiny mishap in Gap's brand image campaign inspired me to plunk out a post? Well maybe it is just my small way of closing this huge GAP in time since I posted here.

It isn't that nothing interesting has happened in my life the last three months or so. On the contrary there has been lots going on in my life. Vacations on the beach, welcoming my adorable twin nephews into the world, trips to Dallas to help with said nephews (and getting a tiny glimpse of motherhood), football season starting!!!, first cruise ever, anniversaries, birthdays etc.

But along with all of that good stuff going on there has been a lot of uncertainty in my life in the last few months. Not knowing where my life is headed. Worrying about the future (sometimes even just the next day). Wondering if certain decisions we made a year ago were the right decisions. You know grown-up stuff.

I don't know why I haven't written about any of this. I guess I just haven't felt the urge to right it all down play by play. No need to worry about that now. A spade is a spade.

But here I am again!

I am back!

Like the Gap!

No comments:

Post a Comment