Monday, October 25, 2010

Every Little Bit

This is a common sight at our house.


Do you know what it is?

It is the window ledge above my sink. And those are the foil yogurt lids that my husband so sweetly leaves for me. 


Why? Well, because I asked him too. After his morning Activia he rinses off the lids and sets them on the ledge to dry. After a few of them accumulate I collect them up and take them over to my laptop.


I log onto www.cupsofhope.com and enter in the code on the back of the lid. It is the least I can do. For each lid Dannon donates 10cents to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. 

So from now until 11/30/10 I will be frequenting this site.


Because every little bit helps right? I am not doing the 3day walk or anything nearly as profound but I feel like this is at least one little thing I can do. And I appreciate my husband for helping me by remembering to leave his lids. I also appreciate that my husband wore his pink shirt to work today. He even remembered that it wasn't clean and did a load of laundry at 9pm last night DURING A FOOTBALL GAME! He is trying to get it in the rotation as many times as possible during the month of October which, as you probably know, is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 

I am very proud that he is so thoughtful. 

So what are you doing to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month?  




No comments:

Post a Comment