Monday, January 17, 2011

Bring the Rain

I love a good rainstorm. It was one of the things I missed the most when I lived in Vegas. I good hard rainstorm, complete with thunder and lightening.

However, my dogs do not share in my sentiment.

They think the Thunder is a personal attack on them. An attack that needs to be answered with full out outrage and vocal retaliation.

It drives me crazy!

My calming rainstorm has been turned inside out!

What are you going to do though? You can't really reason with a dog and tell them things like you would a child. "Honey, it's just God bowling" doesn't really make K9s feel any better.

So I did the only thing I could do.

I sent them to a time out. They are now taking naps in there "sleepy-time" kennel. They are snuggly with blankets and they seem to have calmed down.

Peace has returned.

I will wake them from their naps soon, but for now Peace.

I know kids aren't any easier but hopefully I will not have any that bark and hopefully they will understand by age 4 or 5 that Thunder is not a personal attack on them.

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment